Between the years 1961 and 1966 the Michigan Civil War Centennial Observance Commission issued a number of reports on Michigan’s involvement, a century earlier, in the Civil War and the effects of that war on Michigan. Report copies listed below are stapled pamphlets de-acquisitioned from the holdings of the Mark & Helen Osterlin Library at Northwestern Michigan College in Traverse City, Michigan. Other than library stamps on top edges, light pencil on a couple of front covers, and Commission stamps on some of the lower front covers, these pamphlets are in nearly pristine condition. Most, in fact, appear unread. Crisp and clean!
I am offering a reduced price of $150 for all eleven items purchased together as a collection. Otherwise, prices below (totaling $195) are for undiscounted individual items.
1. Materials on the Civil War Recommended for Schools - $10
2. Michigan Civil War Monuments - $30
3. Effects of the Civil War on Farming in Michigan - $20
4. Effects of the Civil War on Manufacturing in Michigan - $10
5. Civil War Tri-State Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Encampments 1889-1918 - $10
6. A Wartime Chronicle - $15
7. Michigan Women in the Civil War - $20
8. Baptists of Michigan in the Civil War - $20
9. Congregationalism, Slavery and the Civil War - $20
10. Michigan Labor & The Civil War - $30
11. Effects of the Civil War on Music in Michigan - $10